Active SEG members are entitled to these rights and privileges:
- be elected as officers
- vote in elections
- petition the Council or Executive Committee
- sponsor applicants for membership
- publish affiliation with the Society
Special Active Membership Status:
SEG further recognizes active members who provide distinguished service and dedication to the society and the science of geophysics during their tenure in the following ways:
Awarded by the Committee on Honors and Awards and the Board of Directors. This award recognizes individuals who have made a distinguished contribution, which warrants exceptional recognition, to exploration geophysics or a related field or to the advancement of the profession of exploration geophysics through service to SEG.
Awarded by the Committee on Honors and Awards and the Board of Directors. This award recognizes individuals who have voluntarily rendered exceptionally meritorious service to SEG.
An Active Member in good standing may become an Emeritus Member at 65 years of age, if the member has been an Active or Associate Member for a total of 30 years, including time spent in military service. The Board of Directors shall have the authority to waive the age and years of membership requirements for transfer to Emeritus Membership in case of an unusual circumstance.
Honorary, Life and Emeritus members shall enjoy all privileges of the Society. They shall be eligible to hold office, to vote on all matters submitted to the membership, to petition the Council or Executive Committee on any matter, to sponsor applicants for membership, and to publish their affiliation with the Society.
Active Member application
If you meet the eligibility requirements, SEG invites you to apply for membership. We recommend that you gather a few materials before you start the application process. This will help speed up the process and ensure a successful completion of your application:
- Have a copy of your resume or work history ready
- Check out the SEG Membership Dues Structure and determine your appropriate World Bank Country so you can select the proper dues amount.
- Online form
- Fill out and submit an application directly from our website.
- Printable form (PDF)
- Open and then print this PDF file. Please print or type to complete the application and either fax to the SEG Membership department at 1-918-497-5558 or mail to:
Society of Exploration Geophysicists
P.O. Box 801501
Kansas City, MO 64180-1501