Thanks to the generosity of our donors, the SEG offers a range of different scholarship opportunities. Funds provided may be applied to tuition, books, and fees.
Scholarships range from $500 to $10,000 USD per academic year; average awards are approximately $3,700. The number of scholarships available depends chiefly upon the number of sponsors and the amounts they contribute. SEG scholarships have been awarded to students all over the world.
SEG Scholarships are based on merit. To qualify, you must be a student who:
- Is a high school senior planning to attend college next year or an undergraduate or graduate college student;
- Has above average grades;
- Is intending to pursue a college curriculum directed toward a career in applied geophysics.
Online applications are accepted 1 November through 1 March.
Mid-March through mid-May a committee of eight professional geophysicists independently review and rank each application. A consensus meeting is held in late May to discuss the applications and establish a final ranking. Top ranked students are matched with available scholarships. Applicants are notified of results in mid-June.
Nov–Mar: applications accepted
Mar–May: applications reviewed and scholarships assigned
June: applicants notified of results
June–Sep: enrollments verified; acceptance documents completed; funds distributed
How to apply
- Students must include current transcripts
- Must include email addresses for two faculty members who have agreed to serve as references.
- Submit your application online
For more information, contact SEG Scholarships at firstname.lastname@example.org .